One of the few things in life that is certain to happen is death and we at funeral homes in Gladstone, OR understand this. Even so, it’s something you should consider planning for, if not for your peace of mind, then for the sake of the people you’ll be leaving behind.
There are nearly too many advantages to planning your funeral as we can count. Here are a few examples:
1. You have a say in how you are remembered. Have you considered how you would like to be remembered? Perhaps you’d like to commemorate a long career in the military. Maybe you adore animals and would like to encourage donations to your local humane society in your honor. When you make pre-arranged funeral arrangements, you write down your preferences so that your loved ones will know exactly how to honor your memory and celebrate your life.
2. You’ll Make Life Easier for Your Family. Did you know that in the first 24 hours after death, there are a plethora of details to attend to? Are your loved ones prepared to take on so much responsibility?
You make it simpler for your loved ones to get through the first 24 hours when you plan. You may also be able to save them money. You may also be able to save them money. People frequently make unneeded expenditures due to the stress of completing last-minute funeral arrangements. You free them from paying more than they need to be taking care of the deals yourself.
3. You and your family can be protected from rising funeral costs. Funeral expenditures, like most things, seem to climb year after year. That means a funeral today will most likely be less expensive than one three or four years from now. Your loved ones will save money if you pay for your funeral immediately.
4. You’ll Give Your Family More Power. They’ll be able to tell precisely what has to be done. That’s because you’ve eliminated all of the guesswork from funeral planning. Everyone benefits when funeral arrangements are made ahead of time. You can rest assured that your wishes are fulfilled and that your loved ones will do all possible to respect you.
Today, more people and families than ever before are choosing to pre-arrange their funerals. Planning your funeral can make a lot of sense because of inflation, fewer extended family members living close by, and other changes in our culture. According to a recent survey, the following are the most common causes of funeral preparations:
1. Expresses your desires
2. Reduces stress for friends and family during a stressful period.
3. It helps you save money
4. It could ensure that your family would never have to spend more for your funeral, regardless of inflation.
5. Demonstrates your concern
6. Relieves your loved ones of financial obligations
Any of those reasons are valid, but when you consider them all together, it’s simple to understand why pre-planning your funeral is one of the wisest decisions. If you agree, reach out to us at funeral homes in Gladstone, OR to assist with these plans.